fourTheorem took part in setting up the second Cork AI meet-up. This meet-up started off with a presentation from guest speaker Alison O’Shea of INFANT center, UCC on her work using deep learning for analysis of brain-waves (EEG) of newborn infants. Followed by a tutorial by Keelin Murphy on how to implement deep learning modules with the Keras framework.
In the second part of the evening we continued with some hands-on coding, refreshing memories on the convolutional neural network we implemented in the last session and illustrating how we can simplify the coding for this using the Keras framework (https://keras.io/).
Details of Meet-up
- We used Amazon web-services (AWS) to access GPU compute power for the hands-on coding.
- It was necessary to have ssh installed - on Windows we recommended the putty client ( http://www.putty.org/ )
- If you didn’t attend either of the hands-on sessions you might want to get a flavor of the evening by watching the videos (links below), working through the tutorial ( https://github.com/CorkAI/Meetup1/ ), or walking through the slides ( http://slides.com/keelinm/deeplearning1 and http://slides.com/keelinm/convnets )
LINKS TO VIDEOS FROM THE LAST MEETUP:
- Introduction to deep learning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6AEi7FWfU&t=1s
- Introduction to convolutional neural networks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh59sv4SyLc&feature=youtu.be
- Introduction to TensorFlow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDvSLOlN2iA&t=8s
- Footage from hands-on tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfnFb4r5nWQ&t=1s