Hosted by Peter Elger / Keelin Murphy
Cork AI returned with a bang following the summer break! This was the sixth event sponsored by fourTheorem Ltd and as always exquisite pizza and craft beer was provided to all attendees! All future events will be posted to Cork AI and on our twitter account @fourtheorem so if you’ve missed this event make sure to keep an eye out for future sessions on all things AI.
Our guest speaker Johannes Ahlmann presented on the use of public datasets & APIs for both fun and profit.
Johannes is the CEO of Fluquid Ltd, specializing in natural language processing (NLP), web crawling, and blockchain development. He has recently focused on client intelligence, lead generation, and extracting structured information from unstructured datasets.
- Johannes recommended repositories based on Github Archive data,
- proposed videos to watch based on the Youtube API,
- analyzed social and language patterns based on Reddit posts and comments,
- analyzed trends using the Twitter API,
- followed world events using GDELT news coverage,
- showed how to enrich applications using structured Wikipedia/ wikidata/ dbpedia/ yago entries,
- demonstrated how to analyze the web using CommonCrawl data.
Video of Johannes’s presentation can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19I3-y5-lA
Presentation and code can be accessed here: github.com/CorkAI/Meetup6
Cork AI meetups are non-profit events that allow like-minded individuals to connect as a community, share knowledge, and gain experience through a common interest in AI and tech. The purpose of this blog post is to provide a summary for anyone who might have missed the event. A huge thanks to our organisers, speakers, and attendees for another successful evening. We hope to see you all at Cork AI #7!
fourTheorem is a non-traditional software design and development business. We help organizations from start-up, through digital transformation and platform rescue, to the adoption of advanced AI and Serverless services deployed to cloud platforms. We focus on business outcomes and up-skilling, rock-solid strategy and planning, scalable design, and cost-efficient technology and DevOps adoption.